CLARENCE ROAD, DUKE OF CLARENCE
(Situated next to the Jersey Archive building).
This road was named after the Duke of Clarence, who in 1830 became William IV, popularly known as the 'Sailor King'. For more in depth information on William IV please click here. For more information on the history of the Dukes of Clarence please click here. (both links open in a new window). The plaque reads:- "THIS ROAD WAS NAMED AFTER THE DUKE OF CLARENCE, LATER WILLIAM IV."