OLD NORTH QUAY
(E. side of Maritime Museum)
The foundation stone of this quay was laid in 1790. It was built for the States by Philip de la Mare but through lack of funds was not completed until nearly 25 years later at a cost of £80,000. The plaque reads:- "THIS OLD NORTH QUAY WAS BUILT FOR THE STATES OF JERSEY IN 1790 BY PHILIP DE LA MARE"
(See also New North Quay, Albert Pier, Quai des Marchands, Victoria Pier.)