PETER STREET, T. J. WEST (Pioneer of cinematograph entertainment)
(Wests Centre, Peter Street)
A year after Jersey's first Cinema had been opened in New Street in 1908, T.J. West, a pioneer of cinematograph entertainment, opened the Cinema known as West's Pictures here in 1909. It closed in 1972 and was demolished a few years later. The plaque reads:- "ON THIS SITE T.J. WEST, A PIONEER OF CINEMATOGRAPH ENTERTAINMENT, ESTABLISHED THE CINEMA KNOWN AS WEST'S PICTURES IN 1909."