PIER ROAD

Mont de la Ville Plaque(Foot of steps to Fort Regent)

This road up the west side of Le Mont de la Ville was bought by the British Government in 1804, with the rest of Le Mont de la Ville, to facilitate building Fort Regent. The plaque reads:- "MONT DE LA VILLE, BOUGHT BY BRITISH GOVERNMENT IN 1804 TO BUILD FORT REGENT."

Site of the plaque at the foot of the steps


(See also Fort Regent, South Hill, Piquet House)