(Right hand gate post to south of houses)
This was originally Le Petit Mont de la Ville, a fortified out-work of Fort Regent, named South Hill Battery. In 1928 its 6" guns were removed when the land was given back to St. Helier. The plaque reads:- "THIS WAS LE PETIT MONT DE LA VILLE, A FORTIFIED OUTWORK OF FORT REGENT NAMED SOUTH HILL BATTERY- IT'S 6" GUNS WERE REMOVED IN 1928 WHEN THE LAND WAS GIVEN TO ST. HELIER."
(See also Fort Regent, Pier Road, Royal Square (Piquet House))